My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.thefinancejourney.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Example Home Improvement Savings

So I have a plan to finish my basement before the end of the year. Well, not really so much of a plan as an idea. I wasn't going to start until fall/winter but saw Lowes has 20% off ceiling tiles until this weekend so I decided to jump on those.

How I try to save money is by using my previously posted Dealpass gift cards as well as the readily accessable 10% off coupons. The coupons are pretty rampant on ebay - just search for 'home depot coupons' and you should get a slew of results with prices around $1.50 per coupon.

So, for tiles that are normally $30.74 a box it ended up as:

$30.74 - 20% sale = $24.59
$24.59 - 10% coupon = $22.13
$22.13 - 20% gift cards = $17.70

So that ends up being 43% off or $13.04 per box. 9 boxes purchased ends up being a $117.36 savings. Just an example of how I try to purchase things I know I will need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home